Thursday, December 02, 2010

Reverb #10~ December 2nd Post

So today's Reverb #10 is a little tricky to me. I've never thought myself much of a "writer". So I will try to do my best with this prompt. Here's the prompt:
December 2 Prompt



Author: Leo Babauta
focusmanifesto.com
@zen_habits

Prompt: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?

Well I'm going to go out there on this one! I'm sure this is not the answers that this question is looking for but the first thing that comes to mind is smoking. It most definitely doesn't contribute to anything at all other than my bad habit. I have tried several times to eliminate it and I just keep going right back. On one hand I want to quit completely because I hate the smell, the taste, what it does to me and I hate that I smell like smoke. I also really hate that now when I go outside to do it, Josie will ask me when I come in, "you done smoking?" That really tears at my heart strings, to know that I am exposing her to that.  I don't want her to think it is okay to smoke.
Then on the other hand, that is my break, that is my candy bar, doughnuts, ice cream. If I don't have that to do then I eat. But yet if I am to stay busy then I don't need it. I guess I need to keep busier?!



Reverb10.com

No comments:

Post a Comment