Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Daylight Savings Time Blows!

Thanks to Mitch Daniels, a few years ago we went to Daylight Savings Time. It's never really bothered me as far as my sleep goes. If I'm tired I'll go to bed. I fight it in the morning but I'm not a morning person. Well to a little baby it really messes with their internal clock.
Yesterday morning we all accidentally slept until 6:50. Which would have been 5:50. Then last night Josie was ready for her bath at 7:00 as normal, Her bottle at 7:30 as normal and would have been ready for bed right after. But her little body thought it was 7:00 and not 8:00 and didn't want to go to sleep. She was clearly tired. Rubbing her little eyes, cuddling with mommy, pulling her hair & her ears. I finally got her to sleep about 8:30 (7:30), went and folded a load of laundry, went to check on her after as I always do before I go upstairs. Peeked in her crib and there she was wide awake and smiled at me. So I got her back out of her crib, bounced her back to sleep within 5 minutes, laid her back down and within 10 minutes she was once again awake. This time I tried to just pat her back to sleep. Didn't work and I was getting frustrated. So I gave her Tigger, covered her up, turned her mobile on and went upstairs. I sat in bed and watched her on the TV monitor. She laid there and played with Tigger for about 15 minutes and at that point she started fussing. So now it's 9:15 which would be 8:15. So I sent Mikey down to put her to sleep. She finally fell asleep about 9:45 which would be 8:45 so originally before time change she was only off by 15 minutes. This morning I made Mikey get up when I did and make sure that Josie stayed awake. She did, so we'll see how tonight goes.
Darn you Mitch Daniels!

No comments:

Post a Comment