Friday, July 29, 2011

Party on!

I came across this blog, One Charming Party, while searching for ideas for Josie's 3rd birthday party. She has chosen My Little Pony. I thought, okay, this will be easy. Should be popular right now, I know Strawberry Shortcake is, they've had MLP's at McD's Happy Meals, they have a show on the HUB channel. Boy, was I wrong! I can't find anything!!! I'm hoping, I've got it all coming together cause this Sunday is her party. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Anyway, this post was suppose to be on this idea from One Charming Party! Check it out!!! I'm thinking of the possibilities and how fun it would be to set this up in our creek!


There’s gold in these hills! Introduce your kids to the old time fun of panning for gold. Make faux gold nuggets by painting aquarium gravel with gold metallic spray paint. If you’re doing this activity at home you can fill a kiddie pool with sand, water and gold nuggets and let the kids sift through with old pie tins. If you’re traveling to the lake, just sprinkle some gold nuggets on the shore. Make your own bags to give each child to hold their gold nuggets. Print out this “gold rush” image onto inkjet iron-on transfer paper and iron it onto a muslin bag. After everyone has had a chance to strike it rich, let them trade their gold for goods at the trading post. Happy prospecting.


panning for gold
panning for gold
panning for gold
panning for gold
panning for gold

Photos and graphic design ©One Charming Party.


Now how awesome would that be as a little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment