Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This is a dress that she got at her baby shower from Papa Doug & Mama Carole. When I cleaned out her closet to get rid of clothes she could no longer fit in, I found it. It was bought for her to wear this spring but my little porker is already in this size so we had to wear it to church with a sweater. I thought it was a very cute dress. She looked good in the colors. These pictures were taken January 4, 2009.

These pictures were taken the same day. After church, Daddy and Josie laid down on the couch and took a nap. I love rocking her but the days that he does this I get so much done. However, if I don't have anything to do I am lost when he does this. I pace the floors trying to figure out something that I can do. I enjoy rocking her during her naps but Daddy needs his time too! LOL

Josie has been going through some changes lately. I'm blaming teething but not for sure if that is it or if it's just a growth spurt. She's no longer sleeping through the nights. We have to get up anywhere between 11:00 and 1:00 and put her paci back in her mouth, turn on her mobile and let her fall back asleep. Then anywhere between 4:00 to 6:30 she will wake again, and depending on what time it is may come to our bed to finish out the night.
Well this past Tuesday evening that wasn't going to work for her anymore. She woke at 11:30, we done the normal routine with the paci and the mobile and she was wide awake and ready to go. We took turns going to her room, rocking, rubbing, bouncing, trying to get her back to sleep. Around 12:30 Mikey just brought her back to bed with us. Well that didn't fly either, so I got up and fixed her a bottle, thinking maybe she was hungry. She ate the entire thing, okay so that was it, now time to lay back down. NOPE!!! She remained awake until 2:30 that morning, when I finally got fed up with her, took her to her room, gave her her paci, turned her mobile on and left the room. When I got back to our bed, she was still awake, looking around talking and fussing. So I turned her monitor down and laid and watched her for about 15 minutes and she finally fell asleep.
Then last night, she feel asleep and was in her bed at normal time (8:30) but at 10:30 she woke again. I went down put her paci in and turned the mobile on, that didn't work, so I got her out of the bed and bounced her back to sleep. Once asleep, I laid her back in her crib and she woke instantly and started crying. I was a bad mom too! I was so tired from the night before that I scooped her back up, grabbed her paci and headed to our bed. The little snot fell asleep instantly and slept the whole night until 6:30 this morning. I told Mikey she just wanted to be cuddled by Mommy. He doesn't agree with it but he also doesn't get up with her all night like I do so tough poo-poo!!!
She tried prunes Sunday and Monday and liked them but they didn't like her. After a week of eating bananas and having little pellets as terds, the prunes done a number on her. So we only done 2 days of those and switched to pears. She loves them. Now this weekend we will try peaches and I think we are through everything other than her meats. She'll have to keep her mommy out of her peaches. I love those things! Those and the strawberry-banana baby food.
We discovered yesterday that she doesn't like her oatmeal made with her formula. She didn't eat all of her bottle yesterday morning so Mom made her oatmeal with it. She wouldn't touch the stuff. So there will be no more of that!
I think we are going to go to Babies R Us Sunday after church and check out the convertible car seats. There are too many to choose from and I would feel safer having someone that knows what they are talking about walk me through it. Plus up there you can take them out to your vehicles and try them out. She is getting way too heavy for me to carry in her car seat. I was hoping to make it through the winter but I don't think that is going to happen.
Rick, Michelle, Riley, Kayla, Josie and I went up there last Saturday evening and went to Chuck E Cheese while Mike was at his Paragon banquet. Michelle and I went to Babies R Us but we didn't have much time for me to mess with that.
Josie absolutely loved Chuck E Cheese. It was hilarious, seeing this little 5 month old, squealing, laughing, bouncing and grabbing at everything she could. I don't know if it was the colors and games or if it was all of the kids but she had a really good time. I told Mike he was going to have to go back up there with us to see her. She rode a ride with Kayla and enjoyed that also. I'll post pics of that later.
Well I think that is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment